The following are Conference details for conference which you have selected to view details.
SBIR Competitive Checklist Workshop (half-day)
Thursday, July 17, 2003
Virginia's Center for Innovative Technology
2214 Rock Hill Road
8 am - 12:30 pm
Before you submit your SBIR or STTR application to NIH, DoD, or NASA make sure you've addressed the COMPETITIVE ISSUES, not just the compliance issues. Mr. John Davis of the SBIR Resource Center, an active member of the Assocation of Proposal Management Professionals with over 33 years of successful Government proposal experience and 10 years of commercial service to the SBIR/STTR community, will review the following:
- Have you adequately defined the problem/opportunity?
- Have you appropriately related the issues to the agencies' needs?
- Have you properly stated the project's objectives?
- Has the Project/Research Plan been written to meet the reviewer's needs and designed to take advantage of reviewer habits?
- Will your document convince the reviewer of intent and ability to commercialize?
- Have you provided a sufficiently deep technical discussion?
- Have you showcased your resources (personnel, subcontractors, facilities) to best advantage?
- Also to be covered: general principles and advice on winning SBIR proposals.
A handout including a competitive checklist will be provided to take with you.
8:00 - 8:30 AM Registration with coffee and danish
8:30 - 11:30 AM Formal presentation
11:30 AM - 12:30 PM Open Discussion/Q&A
Cost: $50 for Virginia companies.
Who Should Attend:
Small businesses located in Virginia.
Name: Robert Brooke